Friday, May 29, 2009

May 25, 2008

Dear family,
Sounds like things are really busy at home. I am so happy to hear everyone is doing well. Ryan's dedication to wrestling is very impressive, I hope that he will have success seeking his goal. Sounds like Spencer is doing well and living up his last little bit of high school. Jordan, thanks for holding on to those CDs for me and congratulations on the dance win. I don't know what I want for my b-day yet but I will let you know soon, I'm glad the picture will work out. I received a package from Aunt Julie and the family tell her thank you, and Grandma and Grandpa. I really enjoyed it so let them know. Oh and FaceBook is OK. I mainly use it to keep contact with other missionaries and members here in SA.
Well this has been a week of challenge for me. On Wednesday night Elder Ricks and I were heading back to our car after some tracting at dusk, and as we walked up the street two guys came up to us with knives, one stood behind me while the other went through our pockets and took our cell phone, car keys, money, and my planner which has all my appointments in it. I was so angry that I couldn't do anything to stop these guys. The APs came and brought us a spare set of keys and stuff. So I'm alright and everything was fine but it was definitely a humbling experience. The next day was transfers I found out that I'm training a brand new missionary. I was really surprised because generally missionaries don't train until they are around a year or older. It is was tough to because my planner was gone so it was like starting from scratch on our appointments and everything. My greenie is Elder Kitili from Nairobi Kenya. He is 23 years old and a really nice guy. He has thick accent so its hard to understand him sometimes but we are working well. Its funny because everyone thinks that he speaks Zulu and I don't but its the other way around. Well that's the big news from me this week. So thanks for your support and prayers they really help me out. I hope that everyone has a good week, I'll talk to you next week, and I'm putting more photos on photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment