Friday, May 29, 2009

June 29, 2008

Dear Family
Its good to hear from you and it sounds like you are doing well. I sorry to hear that you didn't get my email, I recall the first time we had trouble communicating and the problem was on your side, so I don't know what is going on but I will make sure it gets to you this time. That is great to hear about people getting mission calls and things. That is pretty crazy about Kyle Burke and Quinn Garber. I am glad I'm missing all that construction around the overpass and stuff, that sounds like a real pain.
I really like Bishops analogy about training for the triathlon, and your likening it to Africans. I had the opportunity of experiencing a new aspect of African life this week. Somehow I got thread worms in my digestive system and on Thursday I was in the boarding all day and couldn't venture too far from the bathroom. I took some medicine though and expelled all the worms from my body. Elder Taaga who stays in my boarding had the same thing last week so I figured out what was wrong pretty fast. Its winter time here and its actually been a little cold lately, some storms have come through and it has rained a lot. Things are going good with my greenie Elder Kitili, he is pretty good at missionary work and things, but he is kind of a pretty boy and I give him a hard time about that a lot. Things have been going good with missionary work though. We have a baptism on July 20th, and and the guys name is Sipho Mstzani, he is doing really well and we will probably have a few more baptismal dates set this month. I have been bad about taking pictures but I will get some and send them to you soon.
Speaking of packages I could use Reeses, protein, beef jerky, pretty much anything. I could use some money in my home account if that's alright, I'm almost out.
I have found a new love for board games, I play clue risk and monopoly with the guys in my boarding when we get a chance and its fun.
Ryan I am pretty jealous of your Halo escapades, that is one thing I miss a lot, but there are probably more productive things you can do. Spence sounds like things are going good for you. I am still waiting for that email you said you were going to send me. Well thanks for everything I am always happy to read your emails and here about what is going on at home. I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment