Friday, May 15, 2009

March 23, 2008

Dear Family
I always look forward to hearing from you and getting the scoop on whats going on at home. I guess I will start by answering some of your questions. I have gained a lot in muscle weight. Me and my disrtict leader have been lifting pretty hard for the past six weeks so its been good, we usually lift for about an hour every night. I think I have grown a little taller to though. It's hard to tell because the Zulu people are so short. Easter weekend was really interesting. Good Friday through Easter is a huge time in this country, tons of partying and the one Sunday of the year everybody goes to church. Monday was a public holiday too so thats why I am emailing you today. Anyways a lot of our members were out of town so church attendance was a little down. I was able to give a talk on the atonement in sacrament meeting too. That is one of the most fascinating subjects. Im reading a book called the infintie atonement that is really good. During sacrament meeting the lady who spoke before me started puonding the beat on the podeum and singing a Zulu hymn and the members all joined in. It was funny but it sent the spirit off pretty quickly. Its hard for them to leave the style of church they know behind plus they love singing and dancing. The families we are teaching are pretty cool. They are coming slowly and have been gone over the Easter weekend so we will see whats happens. The father of one of the families we are teaching speaks Afrikaans, english, and Zulu so he is pretty smart, and that is exactly what we need. I get excited just thinking about the Yamaha and spring time in utah. Gas prices are getting so high that we have to drive our car to our area and park it and walk some times to save gas. The weather is cooling off a little around here so that is good. Things with my comp are going good, its weird though, I miss American people. He is a really nice guy and eerything but he just thinks and acts in a different way, oh well. I am honestly pretty ready for a change, I hope I get transferred. Thats pretty funny about Cassidy. She wrote me a letter and my policy is anyone who writes me I will write back, but Im also not against keeping options open. I am also really excited to think about watching Ryan wrestle when I get home. I hope Jordan gets his 4.0 so that I can play with the Wii. Well sounds like everything is going good around home thanks for all the support, prayers, and everything else. And by the ways I am putting a package in the mail this week with some pretty cool stuff in it so you should get that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment