Friday, May 15, 2009

March 2, 2008

Its is always good to hear from you every week. Sounds like things are going good at home. I am glad to hear that you are getting the entertainment theater all ready for me thanks a bunch. I can't imagine the over pass going and the changes that are going on around home. That is really cool that Bishop Satchwell read from my letter and I hope that the young men take it to heart. It sounds like Spencer is and Jordan and Ryan. I hope you decide to stick with rugby I know that you will be glad you did, but if you would rather earn money for you mission I guess that would be good too. That is to bad about Davis B ball but it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with it. Oh yeah Jordan, your piano skills will help you a lot on your mission. I hope Ryan gets a match soon so that I can hear about it.
Well things are a lot different for me now. Transfers came and Elder Wiggington was sent to Hillcrest in Durban which is a white area. That stinks for him because white areas are like European missions, no one wants to listen to you, but he was ready to leave Nseleni anyways. This is a hard area because of its size and lack of experience. Anyways things are going good, I have had some training on being a clerk and I never really thought about how much goes into maintaining a ward's records like the one at home. My new companion is Elder Randrianirinaniarivo. Yeah that is his name. He is from Madagascar and like 5' 5". He is a really good teacher and missionary though so I will learn a lot from him. Its is going to be harder for me though because he doesn't have a license, English is like his fourth language and we don't have much in common to talk about. I also am the one who knows the area and the people. He is learning fast and I am helping prepare for his driver's test. So that is the biggest thing going on for me. I am most likely being sent to a new area next transfer because at the end of this one I will have been here for 6 months, that is a long time. Some more good news, Makosi will most likely be baptized on March 30 and possibly her brother, whom she has brought to church two weeks in a row. We started teaching him last night, hopefully that works out. The weather has been cooling off lately but is is still hot. the days are also getting shorter but that means it is getting darker so we have less time that we can be out and about safely. The people here eat drink and sleep rugby, and I have seriously been contemplating keeping my size up and playing for a University team when I get home, and who knows maybe go for the national team if possible. I have a zone conference in Durban and one of the guys I am going with is going home this transfer so Pres gave us permission to go to a big market while we are there, so if you could put a little fundage in the home account I will be able to get some things, if that isn't possible don't worry about it.
Some of the items that I get will be in a package that I am preparing to send home including my razor, so I will get that sent sometime soon. Thanks for all of your support, emails, and prayers. I will talk to you again next week and post some more pics, including one of my new comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment