Monday, May 4, 2009

Alex's mission call

Alex's mission call was really a surprise! Alex always said he didn't care where he was sent on his mission, "it's all good." Earlier in the day, before Alex opened his mission call, I had been talking to a friend of mine who told me that anywhere in the world was a good call except Africa! "You don't want Alex going to Africa!" Also, during football season, I had been talking to Cindy Arquette. Her son Austin had been called to Johannesburg and she was telling me how hard his mission was, especially the crime and poverty. When Alex opened his call and read Durban South Africa, everyone in the room cheered, except me, and I got tears in my eyes. Alex had the biggest grin on his face; he was thrilled. Even though I didn't like it, everyone (especially Alex) knew this call was inspired and perfect for Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment