Tuesday, May 12, 2009

January 14, 2008

Hey family its good to hear from you.
Sounds like things are going good at home. I'm glad to hear that you are being blessed for my service. I received the package from the ward, that was really great and a surprise to me. Hopefully I will get the package you sent soon. Transfers are this Thursday so hopefully I will get it then. I also appreciate the political info. Sorry Jordan I don't know much about politics down here except that they are really corrupt and messed up right now. Apartide just ended a few years ago here and that's why townships even exist. That is a complicated topic so if you have a chance you can research it yourself. I'm also glad to hear that Spencer has fulfilled his dream of being a vacuum repair man.
Well this has been a difficult but rewarding week for me. There is a family in Nseleni who have been investigating the church for a long time and on Monday night the mother was laying in bed and someone shot her through the window nine times. The kids were in the next room and the father was laying next to her and was hit once in the collar bone. She owned taxis and they think her murder was because of rival taxi violence. Taxis are like gangs here. Anyways we have been at their home a lot this week giving comfort and things. That's something I dont' have very much experience in so its been little awkward if you can imagine. Anyways the rewarding part is that yesterday we were teaching another investigator and she told us that she wants to be baptised. We set a date for Feb 3. She gave the closing prayer in Zulu and thanked God for the testimony she had gained and broke down in tears. Its pretty amazing because my companion has been out for 14 months and has never seen a Zulu cry. So this week has had a lot of ups and downs but its good. Every day that goes by I get more excited for Spencer, Jordan, and Ryan to go on missions. Have a good week, I will talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment