Wednesday, May 20, 2009

April 28, 2009

Hey well I am able to email today but it looks like you haven't had a chance to write your e-mail yet so I will just have to read it next week. I really like the pictures you sent, its so weird to see nice houses and temple square and stuff like that. Ryan really looks different. This week has gone by really fast once again. I realized the Mothers Day call is just two weeks away, next week I will give you the details on how the call will go. This week has been pretty cool temperature wise. Its raining today but I think we are still going to play soccer. I've adjusted to the area almost completely and I know my way around now so that's nice. We have been working hard on finding potential priesthood and families to teach, so that is nice. People here can speak English better than they did in Nseleni so that's good. My area covers two college campuses though, and those college kids think they know everything. The other two elders in my boarding had they're car broken into and our boarding keys were stolen so we had to have the locks changed, and two other elders in our district had they're boarding broken into and their cell phone and wallets and stuff were taken. If my stuff ever gets stolen I am going to be so ticked off. Elder Katende from Uganda and I are getting to be pretty good friends. He is one goofy kid. We go running on the beach twice a week and he tells me some crazy stories of things going on in Uganda, Somalia, and Sudan. One time someone tried to steal his and his brothers soccer boots, they caught him but there aren't really police to turn him in to so they hit his toes with a hammer and let him crawl away. Elder Katende said that they gave him a pedicure. I'm sorry if that story is too graphic, I think I am a little desensitized by now. Well I will hear from you next week I guess. Thanks for the pictures, I put some new pictures on photobucket so you can check those out. Thanks for all of your prayers and support, it helps out so much. I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment